About the CSAT Paper:
The UPSC Preliminary examination comprises of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each. The first paper is the General Studies paper and the second paper is the Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT). CSAT is a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks of 33%.
CSAT is a qualifying paper and the CSAT score would not affect a candidate to qualify for the Main Exam level. It is mandatory for candidates to appear in both the General Studies papers 1 & 2 at the Prelim Test stage.
Exam Pattern of the CSAT paper:
- The questions of CSAT paper is of multiple choices.
- They are objective type of 80 questions.
- Time allotted for the CSAT paper is 2 hours.
- Each question of CSAT paper carries 2.5 marks.
- Total marks for the CSAT paper 200 marks.
- Wrong answers carry negative marks.
- One-third of the total marks allotted to that question, i.e., 0.83 marks to be penalized for wrong answers.
- However, if a question is left unattempted/unanswered, no marks will be deducted.
CSAT Paper-Syllabus includes the following:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Logical reasoning & analytical ability.
- Decision making & problem solving.
- General mental ability.
- Basic numeracy (numbers & their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level).
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level).
Offline & Online CSAT Course April Session for UPSC Prelims Exam
It is an Offline & Online course. Online course will be conducted through our E-learning Portal – www.vajiramias.com
Duration of the course is 14 weeks.
- Admission Date: 1st April 2022
- Class Begins: 29th April 2022
- Batch Time: 5:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.
- Course Fee: Rs.18,000/-
- Complete the Admission Form
- Upload a clear passport size photo
- Upload your ID Proof
- PAN card of the candidate or parent
- Pay fees online (Kindly check the online transaction limit with your bank)
- Net Banking (Preferred)
- Credit Card
- Debit Card