Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently launched 5G services in India at the India Mobile Congress in Delhi.
- 5G is the next generation of mobile communication networks, which is supposed to offer much faster speeds and wider use cases than 4G.
- It is believed that the rollout of 5G will accelerate the adoption of cloud gaming, AR/VR technology, Internet of Things, etc. 5G also has several enterprise use cases.
- It enables a new kind of network that is designed to connect virtually everyone and everything together including machines, objects, and devices.
- 5G wireless technology is meant to deliver higher multi-Gbps peak data speeds, ultra-low latency, more reliability, massive network capacity, increased availability, and a more uniform user experience to more users.
- In 5G the latency will be ten times less than in 4G, being able to perform remote actions in real time.
Source : The Hindu