About A HELP Program:
- It is an initiative of the Union Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying and the Ministry of Rural Development.
- ‘A-HELP’ are community-based women activists, who assist veterinarians in local departmental activities help livestock farmers to take loans for entrepreneurship development, fill applications, mark the ear tagging of animals and register them in INAF portal and help with insurance etc.
- They assist in implementing various schemes and in providing information to the farmers at grassroots level.
- They will give vital contribution in preventing various infectious diseases of animals, artificial insemination under Rashtriya Gokul Mission (RGM), tagging of animals and animal insurance.
Key facts about the Rashtriya Gokul Mission
- It is being implemented for development and conservation of indigenous bovine breeds since December 2014.
- The scheme is also continued under umbrella scheme Rashtriya Pashudhan Vikas Yojana from 2021 to 2026.
- To enhance productivity of bovines and increasing milk production in a sustainable manner using advance technologies.
- To propagate use of high genetic merit bulls for breeding purposes.
- To enhance Artificial insemination coverage through strengthening breeding network and delivery of Artificial insemination services at farmers doorstep.
- To promote indigenous cattle & buffalo rearing and conservation in a scientific and holistic manner.
Q1) What is Artificial insemination?
Artificial insemination (AI) is a reproductive technique that involves the introduction of sperm into a female's reproductive tract without natural copulation. The process is typically used in livestock breeding but can also be used in human reproduction when natural conception is difficult or impossible.