The President of India will inaugurate the Aadi Mahotsav 2024, an annual National Tribal Festival at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium in New Delhi on 10th February.
About Aadi Mahotsav
- It is organized by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Limited (TRIFED) under the aegis of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs, will showcase the rich diversity of India's tribal heritage.
- It is not only a platform to exhibit the extraordinary talent and craftsmanship of tribal artisans but also an opportunity to interact, learn, and contribute to the empowerment of tribal communities.
- The festival will feature an expanded showcase with over 300 stalls, offering varied display of Tribal art, handicrafts, natural produce, and delectable tribal cuisine.
What is TRIFED?
- It is a national-level organisation under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- It is primarily engaged in the development and marketing of tribal handicrafts and natural products.
- It came into existence in 1987 and got registered under the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 1984 (now the Multi-State Cooperative Societies Act, 2002).
- Mandate: Capability enhancement for Tribals, promotion of tribal products, and creation of marketing opportunities for the Tribals with a view to ensuring remunerative prices for their products and augmenting their income on a sustainable basis.
- It has been entrusted by the Government of India to implement its proposed Minimum Support Price Scheme for Minor Forest Produce.
- Head Office: New Delhi
Q1) What is the function of the Social Justice and Empowerment Ministry?
The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment is entrusted with the welfare, social Justice and empowerment of disadvantaged and marginalized sections of the society viz. Scheduled Caste, Backward Classes, Persons with Disabilities, Senior Citizens, and Victims of Drug Abuse etc.