Recently, Union home Ministerlaunches vibrant villages program on China border in Arunachal Pradesh.
About Vibrant Village Programme:
- It is a Centrally Sponsored Scheme implemented over financial years 2022-23 to 2025-26.
- The programmme will provide funds for development of essential infrastructure and creation of livelihood opportunities in 19 Districts and 46 Border blocks of 4 states and 1 UT along the northern land border of the country - Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and UT of Ladakh.
- The programmme will help in improving the quality of life of people living in identified border villages and encourage people to stay in their native locations thereby reversing the outmigration from these villages and adding to security of the border.
- Focus Areas:Road connectivity, drinking water, electricity including solar and wind energy, mobile and internet connectivity and healthcare infrastructure and wellness centers etc.
- Vibrant Village Action Plans will be created by the district adminstration with the help of Gram Panchayats and 100 % saturation of Central and state schemes will be ensured.
- There will not be overlap with Border Area Development Programme.
Q1) What is the Border Area Development Programme (BADP)?
The programme aims to meet the special development needs of the people living in remote and inaccessible areas situated near the international border and to saturate the border areas with the essential infrastructure through convergence of Central/State/BADP/Local schemes and participatory approach.