The Indian Army has signed agreements with 11 banks including the private sector banks like HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank, Axis Bank etc for providing banking facilities to Agniveers on enrolment.
- The features and benefits offered under Agniveer Salary Package are similar to the Defence Salary Package.
- The first batch of Agniveers under the "Agnipath Scheme" will be joining Training Centres by January 2023.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh recently announced the “Agnipath” scheme, for recruitment of youth in the armed forces for four years.
- Enrolment: Enrolment to all three services will be through a centralised online system, with special rallies and campus interviews at recognised technical institutes.
- Eligibility criteria: The new system is only for personnel below officer ranks
- Recruitment: It will be carried out on an ‘All India All Class’ basis with the eligibility age ranging from 17.5 to 21 years, with medical and physical fitness standards in accordance with existing norms.
- Salary package: Agniveers will receive Rs 33,000 in the second year, Rs 36,500 in the third year and Rs 40,000 in the fourth year. They will get Rs 11.71 lakh as Seva Nidhi Package after four years.
- Qualification: The required educational qualification will be Class X-XII.
- Reselection: For those who are re-selected, the initial four-year period will not be considered for retirement benefits.
- Permanent Commission: Up to 25% of each batch will be enrolled as regular cadre as under permanent commission and would be required to serve for a further minimum period of 15 years.
Source : All India Radio