The UK Prime Minister recently visited the Akshardham Temple in Delhi.
About Akshardham Temple:
- The Akshardham Temple, officially known as the Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, is a Hindu temple complex located in Delhi, India.
- It is Located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
- It was officially opened to the public on 6th November 2005.
- It was inaugurated by the President of India late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
- Akshardham Temple God is Bhagwan Swaminarayan (1781- 1830). However, it is also dedicated to great saints, devas and averts of Hindu Gods.
- It comprises of the main temple, beautifully laid out gardens, exhibitions, open courtyards and water bodies, each section presenting an intriguing aspect of Hindu religion and spirituality.
- Constructed with pink sandstone and marble, Akshardham Mandir is the centre of the Akshardham Temple complex.
- It is built in the traditional Hindu architectural style.
- It follows the traditional Vastu shastra as well as Pancharatra Shastra.
- The mandir and the entire complex display intricate carvings of flowers, animals, musicians, dancers and Hindu deities.
Q1) What is Vastu Shastra?
Vastu Shastra is an ancient Indian architectural and design system that encompasses principles and guidelines for constructing buildings and arranging spaces in a way that promotes harmony, balance, and well-being. It is considered a traditional science of architecture and design, and its principles have been used for thousands of years in India and other parts of South Asia. Vastu Shastra is based on a combination of architectural, astronomical, and astrological knowledge and beliefs.