Recently, the Minister of State for Electronics & Information Technology addressed the 5th ASEAN-India Business summit.
About the ASEAN-India Business summit:
- It is being held as part of the ASEAN-India Year of Friendship to commemorate the more than three-decade-long engagement between India and the 10-member bloc in Kuala Lumpur.
Key facts about ASEAN
- It is a group of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, which was established in 1967 with the signing of the Bangkok declaration.
- Founding members: Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
- Presently ASEAN comprises 10 member states namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei, Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam.
- It promotes intergovernmental cooperation and facilitates economic, political, security, military, educational, and sociocultural integration between its members and other countries in Asia.
Q1) What is the objective of the Act east policy of India?
It is the successor of the Look East policy and aims to further strengthen India’s relations with East Asia. India’s Act East policy is an effort of India to cultivate extensive economic and strategic relations with the nations of Southeast Asia.