Recently, the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) in collaboration with Bayer launched a unique industry visit initiative under Atal Tinkering labs at Bayer’s manufacturing facility in Vapi, Gujarat.
About Atal Innovation Mission:
- It is the Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country and was set up in 2016.
- Objective: To create and promote an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship across the country at school, university, research institutions, MSME and industry levels.
- All the initiatives of AIM are currently monitored and managed systematically using real-time MIS systems and dynamic dashboards.
- Implementing Agency: NITI Aayog
- AIM has multiple programs to encourage and support innovation in the country.
- Some of the components of AIM: Atal Tinkering Labs, Atal Incubation Centres, Atal New India Challenge, Mentor of Change Program, Atal Community Innovation Center and Atal Research & Innovation for Small Enterprises (ARISE)
What are Atal Tinkering Labs?
- Atal Tinkering Labs: These are state-of-the-art space established in a school with a goal to foster curiosity and innovation in young minds, between grade 6th to 12th across the country through tools and technologies such as Internet of Things, 3D printing, rapid prototyping tools, robotics etc.
Q1) What is Entrepreneurship?
Entrepreneurship refers to the process of identifying, creating, and pursuing opportunities to start new businesses or ventures. An entrepreneur is an individual who takes on risks and initiates innovative ideas, products, or services with the aim of generating profit and making a positive impact on the economy and society.