About ATL Sarthi:
- ATL Sarthi will enable the Atal Tinkering Labs to be efficient and effective.
- The initiative has four pillars ensuring the performance enhancement of ATLs through regular process improvements like
- MyATL Dashboard: It is a self-reporting dashboard.
- Compliance SOPs: For schools to ensure financial and non-financial compliance
- Cluster-based Approach: On-ground enablement of ATLs in collaboration with relevant local authorities.
- Performance-Enablement (PE) Matrix: It provides ownership to schools to analyze their performance
What is Atal Innovation Mission?
- It was set up by the Central Government in 2016.
- To promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- To provide a platform for and establish collaboration opportunities for various stakeholders.
- To act as an umbrella structure, encompassing and overseeing the entire innovation ecosystem of the country.
- Implementing Agency: NITI Aayog
What are Atal Tinkering Labs (ATL)?
- It is an initiative to promote creativity and innovation in the minds of school children.
- Under this initiative Children as young as 12 years of age gain access to technological innovation.
- The concepts of Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths are taught through various tools and equipment of the like.
- Financial aid of Rs. 20 lakh is given to each school.
- This includes a one-time establishment cost of Rs. 10 lakh and an operation cost of Rs. 10 lakh over a period of five years.
Q1) What is innovation?
Innovation is a process by which a domain, a product, or a service is renewed and brought up to date by applying new processes, introducing new techniques, or establishing successful ideas to create new value.