The Ministry of Ayush recently announced the Ayurveda Academic Chair at Western Sydney University’s NICM Health Research Institute, with tenure for a period of three years.
- The Ministry has selected All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi’s Associate Professor Dr. Rajagopala S. for the post of Academic Chair in Ayurvedic Science at Western Sydney University.
- The Academic Chair will undertake academic and collaborative research activities in Ayurveda, including herbal medicine and yoga, as well as design academic standards, short-term/medium-term courses, and educational guidelines.
- It will provide academic leadership in demonstrating and fostering excellence in teaching, research and policy development related to Ayurveda, within the robust Australian regulatory framework, and develop strategies to promote the translation and integration of evidence-based Ayurveda medicines into conventional healthcare.
- The Ministry of Ayush has taken concerted efforts for promoting and positioning Ayurveda and Yoga as the soft power of India.
- To facilitate the same, a Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) has been signed for Ayush Chair with 16 foreign countries.
Central Sector Scheme for the promotion of International Cooperation (IC Scheme):
- MoA has also developed a Central Sector Scheme for the promotion of International Cooperation (IC Scheme) with the mandate to promote and strengthen awareness about Ayush Systems of Medicine, to facilitate the international promotion, development and recognition of Ayush Systems in foreign countries and to support international exchange of experts.
Source : All India Radio