Prime Minister Narendra Modi has shared a citizen’s response to Ayushman Bharat Scheme highlighting the health insurance cover of 5 lakh rupees for all Indian citizens.
- The Prime Minister remarked that the benefits of the scheme can be availed all over India.
- Ayushman Bharat is National Health Protection Scheme, which will cover over 10 crore poor and vulnerable families (providing coverage upto 5 lakh rupees per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
- Benefits of the scheme are portable across the country and a beneficiary covered under the scheme will be allowed to take cashless benefits from any public/private empanelled hospitals across the country.
- It will be an entitlement-based scheme with entitlement decided on the basis of deprivation criteria in the SECC database.
- States would need to have State Health Agency (SHA) to implement the scheme.
Source : All India Radio