The Indian Air Force (IAF) is teaming up with the Drone Federation of India to co-host ‘Bharat Drone Shakti 2023’.
About Bharat Drone Shakti 2023:
- The event will take place at the IAF’s airbase in Hindan (Ghaziabad) and feature live aerial demonstrations by the Indian drone industry.
- It will showcase the full potential of the Indian drone industry, with more than 50 live aerial demonstrations.
- These demonstrations will encompass a diverse range of drone applications, including survey drones, agriculture drones, fire-fighting drones, tactical surveillance drones, heavy-duty logistics drones, loitering munition systems, drone swarms, and anti-drone solutions.
- The event is expected to draw approximately 5,000 attendees, including representatives from the central government, state departments, public and private industries, armed and paramilitary forces, delegates from friendly nations, scholars, students, and drone enthusiasts.
- The event will also witness the active participation of more than 75 drone start-ups and corporate entities.
- The event promises to showcase the capabilities of Indian drones and provide a platform for networking, knowledge exchange, and collaboration among industry leaders, innovators, and enthusiasts.
Q1) What is a Drone?
A drone, also known as an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), is a remotely piloted aircraft or vehicle that operates without a human pilot on board. Drones can be controlled remotely by a human operator or autonomously by onboard computers or a combination of both. They are equipped with various sensors, cameras, and other technologies for navigation, communication, and data collection purposes. Drones are used for a wide range of applications across various industries and for recreational purposes.