The Union Minister of Road Transport and Highways recently said 1467 projects of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) have been brought under the Bhoomi Rashi Portal.
About Bhoomi Rashi Portal
- It is an e-Governance initiative of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- The portal intends to expedite the process of land acquisition for National Highways.
- It acts as a single-point platform for the online processing of land acquisition notifications to accelerate highway infrastructure development projects in India.
- This portal would enhance the efficiency of the land acquisition process, ensure transparency and accountability, and result in the e-transfer of benefits directly to the accounts of the beneficiaries.
- Bilingual application with Hindi and English for easy usability
- Preparation of interface for adding project basic details, including land acquisition sanction details.
- Preparation of interface for Land Acquisition locations i.e. villages
- Preparation of Interface for Competent Authority for Land Acquisition (CALA) details. CALA is a revenue functionary of the State Government appointed for each NH Project.
- Interface for generating land acquisition notification
- Interface for land Details
- Interface for generation of notification: organizational email IDS for all those involved in the process flow to ensure smooth e-office management
- Interface for Objections and processing
- Interface for compensation determination and finalization
- Interface for land owners and affected parties
- Interface for reports generation
- The portal has been integrated with the Public Financial Management System (PFMS) of the Ministry of Finance for depositing compensation in the accounts of affected/ interested persons on a real-time basis.
Q1) What is the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)?
NHAI is India’s premier highway infrastructure creator entrusted with developing, maintaining, and managing National Highways. It is a statutory body under the administrative control of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. It was constituted under National Highways Authority of India Act, 1998 and made operational in February 1995.