Recently, the union Minister of Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs launched a web portal of Coal Mines Provident Fund Organization (CMPFO) namely C- CARES.
About C- CARES Portal:
- It is developed and designed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
- The portal will allow CMPF subscribers and coal companies to login and perform various functions tailored to their needs.
- While the subscribers can access and view their individual details and subscription status, the coal management can submit contribution details, subscribers’ particulars and claims for online settlement and payment through the portal.
- It will also ensure paperless working, timely and accurate settlement of claims, reduction in processing time and grievance redressal.
- The portal being a public service platform is intended to benefit the CMPF subscribers who are working in the coal sector as well as its pensioners.
Key facts about the Coal Mines Provident Fund Organization
- It is an autonomous organization under the aegis of Ministry of Coal established in the year 1948.
- It was established for administering Provident Fund and Pension schemes for the purpose of providing social security to the coal sector workers.
Q1:What is coal?
Coal is a sedimentary deposit composed predominantly of carbon that is readily combustible. Coal is black or brownish-black, and has a composition that (including inherent moisture) consists of more than 50 percent by weight and more than 70 percent by volume of carbonaceous material.