The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) recently extended the registration date for the CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child, 2023.
About CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child
- It was launched by the Ministry of Education.
- The scheme is aimed at recognizing the efforts of parents in promoting education among girls and to providing encouragement to meritorious students.
- The objective of the scheme is to provide scholarships to meritorious single girl students, who are the only children of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% or more marks, and are continuing their further school education in Class XI and XII.
- It provides financial aid every month to the selected students, so they can continue their higher education.
- Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant should be the single girl child of her family.
- The applicant should have secured 60% or more marks in the CBSE Class 10th Examination and be studying Class 11th and 12th in school (affiliated with CBSE).
- The tuition fee should not be more than ₹1,500/- per month during the academic year. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fees in such a school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- The applicant must be an Indian National.
- The student must continue her school studies in Classes 11th and 12th.
- Applicants who have the status of Non-Resident Indian (NRI) are also eligible to apply. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
- The scholarship offers a maximum of Rs. 500 per month.
- The amount is payable for a maximum period of two years. Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT.
- The scholarship is eligible for renewal annually upon successful completion of class XI, contingent upon the scholar's achievement of 50% or more aggregate marks in the exam determining promotion to the next class.
- Renewal or continuation of the scholarship requires the prior approval of the Board if the scholar discontinues the current course of study or changes schools.
- Satisfactory conduct and regular attendance are necessary for maintaining the scholarship.
Q1) What is the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)?
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a national level board of education in India for public and private schools, controlled and managed by the Union Government of India. CBSE grants affiliation to Schools up to higher secondary level and develops common curriculum keeping nationwide requirements in focus. The CBSE affiliation is considered as a prestigious recognition as it requires the schools to follow rigid quality standards.