The U.S. State Department recently approved the potential sale of CH-47F Chinook helicopters and related equipment to Germany.
About CH-47F Chinook Helicopter:
- It is the U.S. Army’s primary heavy troop and supply transport aircraft.
- It is an advanced multi-mission helicopter.
- It is manufactured by American aerospace and defence firm Boeing for the US Army and international defence forces.
- It is used for the transportation of troops, artillery, supplies, and equipment to the battlefield.
- India has about 15 CH-47 Chinook helicopters.
- It contains a fully integrated digital cockpit management system.
- It advanced cargo-handling capabilities that complement the aircraft's mission performance and handling characteristics.
- It has a monolithic airframe with vibration reduction.
- Maximum Speed: 160 knots (296 kmph).
Q1) What is an Apache helicopter?
The AH-64 Apache is the world’s most advanced multi-role combat helicopter. The AH-64E is an advanced multi-mission helicopter with the latest technology insertions, maintaining its standing as the world’s best attack helicopter. It is the only available combat helicopter with a spectrum of capabilities for virtually any mission requirement, including greater thrust and lift, joint digital operability, improved survivability and cognitive decision aiding.