Why in news?
- A Supreme court-appointed panel noticed that illegal constructions for the establishment of a tiger safari were being done within the buffer area of Corbett Tiger Reserve in Uttarakhand.
Key facts about the Corbett Tiger Reserve
- It is located in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand. This reserve encompasses the Patli Dun valley.
- The Ramganga, Sonanadi, Palain and Mandal, and Kosi rivers form the prominent hydrological resource for the Corbett.
- The core area of the reserve contains the Corbett National Park and the Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary is part of its buffer area.
- Flora: The trees which contribute to the Flora of Corbett consist of evergreen Sal and its combined trees, the Sheesham, and the Kanju found extensively on the ridges.
- Fauna: Tiger, Leopard, Elephant, Hog deer, spotted deer, Samber etc.
Q1) What is special about the evergreen forest?
In this forest there is no complete, seasonal loss of leaves The distribution of these forests ranges through boreal, middle, and tropical latitudes.