Recently, the Union Minister of State for Ministry of Textiles informed the Lok Sabha about the Cott-Ally App.
About Cott-Ally App:
- The Cotton Corporation of India Limited I has developed a mobile app - “Cott-Ally” exclusively for the cotton farmers.
- To maximise the use of the digital media among the farmers to increase the reach of all government schemes especially in the cotton farming sector.
- To have direct interaction and outreach with the cotton farmers in their regional languages.
- The various features of “Cott-Ally” are as follows:
- Easy to operate in regional languages.
- MSP cotton rates state-wise, variety-wise and quality-wise can be seen.
- Farmers can track real time payment status of their kapas sold to CCI under MSP.
- Contact details of procurement centers opened by the CCI.
- Direct interaction with CCI through Live chat to resolve doubts & grievances, if any.
- General information on quality management of cotton crop and other related information.
- Can be downloaded from Google play store for android mobile/app store for Apple mobile.
Q1) What is Cotton Corporation of India?
The Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) is a public sector undertaking under the administrative control of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. It was established in 1970 with the primary objective of supporting cotton farmers and ensuring a stable market for cotton in the country.