- The workshop was conducted as part of the ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ with the theme ‘Advancements in Cryptology for enhancing security & privacy in communication networks’.
- NWC 2022 aimed to bring all the relevant stakeholders on a common platform to deliberate upon various contemporary themes in the field of Cryptology spanning Cyber Security, Quantum Computing, Post-Quantum Cryptography
- Cryptography, or cryptology is the practice and study of techniques for secure communication in the presence of adversarial behavior.
Difference between Cryptography and Cryptology
- It is the study of conversion of plain text(readable format) to ciphertext(non-readable format) i.e. encryption. It is also called the study of encryption.
- It takes place on the sender side.
- In Cryptography, sender sends the message to receiver.
- Cryptology is the parent of Cryptography.
- It is the study of the conversion of plain text to ciphertext and vice versa. It is also called the study of encryption and decryption.
- It takes place on the sender and receiver side.
- In Cryptology, both sender and receiver send messages to each other.
Source : PIB