The National e-Governance Division (NeGD) recently organised the 40th Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) Deep-Dive training programme under the Cyber Surakshit Bharat Initiative.
About Cyber Surakshit Bharat Initiative
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India.
- It was conceptualised with the mission to spread awareness about cybercrime and build the capacities of Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs) and frontline IT officials across all government departments.
- It is an initiative to fortify the cyber security system in India with regard to the Government’s vision of a Digital India.
- It was launched in cooperation with the National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and various industry partners in India.
- It can be entitled as the first public-private enterprise of its kind.
- The partners involved in the origination of this scheme include chief IT companies like Intel, Microsoft, etc.
- It will be operated on three principles: education, awareness, and enablement.
- It will comprise a program of awareness on the importance of cybersecurity.
- The scheme will also include a number of workshops on the best enablement and practices of the officials with cybersecurity health tool kits for the management and mitigation of cyber threats.
- It will also conduct a number of training programs all over the country from time to time, which will be attended by CISOs and technical officials from the central government, state governments, PSBs, UTs, PSUs, defense PSUs and technical arms of the Army, Navy, and Air Force.
- Deep-Dive training programme:
- It specifically aims at educating and enabling CISOs to understand cyber attacks and get the necessary exposure to the latest technologies for safeguarding e-infrastructure.
- The training focuses on providing a holistic view of legal provisions, enabling CISOs to formulate policies for cybersecurity and build concrete cyber crisis management plans.
Q1) What is the National e-Governance Division (NeGD)?
In 2009, the National e-Governance Division was created by the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology as an Independent Business Division under the Digital India Corporation. Since 2009, NeGD has been playing a pivotal role in supporting MeitY in Programme Management and implementation of the e-Governance Projects; provide technical and advisory support to Ministries/ Departments, both at Central and State levels along with other Government organizations.