Prime Minister of India will inaugurate the year-long celebrations commemorating the 200th birth anniversary of Maharishi Dayanand Saraswati, at Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium, Delhi.
About Dayanand Saraswati:
- Swami Dayanand Saraswati was a philosopher, social leader and founder of the Arya Samaj, a reform movement of Vedic dharma.
- He established the Arya Samaj on April 7, 1875, in Bombay -- with 10 principles that are beautifully based purely on God, soul and nature.
- This organisation brought about immense changes in the religious perceptions of Indians.
- He was the first to give the call for Swaraj as "India for Indian" in 1876.
- He preached 'Universalism', and not any specific caste.
- He introduced a complete overhaul of the education system and is often considered one of the visionaries of modern India.
- The Dayanand Anglo Vedic schools came into existence in 1886 to realize the vision of Swami Dayanand Saraswati.
- The first DAV School was established in Lahore with Mahatma Hansarj as the headmaster.
- One of his most influential works is the book Satyarth Prakash, which contributed to the Indian independence movement.
- His followers included Sri Aurobindo and S. Radhakrishnan.
Q1) What is the philosophy of Sri Aurobindo?
Sri Aurobindo's philosophy of life is based on an experienced integralism. It is a synthesis of idealism, realism, naturalism and pragmatism