Why in news?
- The Baba Saheb Ambedkar Yatra, designed by IRCTC, aims to highlight the places and destinations associated with Ambedkar's life.
- The First Journey of the Baba Saheb Ambedkar Yatra will be from New Delhi in April 2023.
- As part of the "Dekho Apna Desh" initiative, the Ministry of Railways, in collaboration with the Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC), operates Bharat Gaurav Tourist Trains on various theme-based circuits throughout India.
Key facts about the Dekho Apna Desh initiative
- Nodal Ministry: The Ministry of Tourism
- The scheme aims to promote tourism and encourage people to explore the rich cultural heritage and diversity of India.
- The scheme is intended to offer financial help to tourists travelling to different parts of India.
- The government has set aside a substantial budget for the implementation of this scheme, which will be used to promote travel and build out tourist infrastructure around the nation.
- Objectives: The scheme aims to increase domestic tourism in India and under this plan, around 50 destinations in the country will be developed and promoted to attract tourist
Q1)What is Heritage ?
Heritage is the cultural legacy which we receive from the past, which we live in the present and which we will pass on to future generations.