Prime Minister will inaugurate the Sohna-Dausa stretch of the Delhi-Mumbai Expressway in Rajasthan's Dausa
H1: About Delhi-Mumbai Expressway:
- It will be India’s longest expressway with a length of 1,386 km.
- This expressway will reduce the travel distance between Delhi and Mumbai by 12 percent from 1,424 km to 1,242 km.
- Travel time between Delhi Mumbai will be reduced from 24 hours to 12 hours.
- It is being built at an estimated cost of Rs 98,000 crore by National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- The expressway will pass through six states of Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra and connect major cities like Kota, Indore, Jaipur, Bhopal, Vadodara and Surat.
- It is an 8-lane access-controlled Greenfield Expressway with scope for future expansion upto 12-lane expressway.
- It is the first expressway in Asia and only the second in the world to feature animal overpasses to facilitate unrestricted movement of wildlife.
- It is the first expressway that is developed with a 21-meter median on principles of forgiving highways allowing inward expansion.
- The expressway facilitates Rain Water Harvesting in 500m interval at over 2,000 plus water recharge points.
- It will also have an automated traffic management system.
Q1) Which are the states through which Delhi-Mumbai Expressway passes?
It will pass through six states including Delhi, Haryana, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra.