Recently, the Union Minister of Heavy Industries unveiled the ground-breaking "Dugdh Sanakalan Sathi Mobile App" at Mussorie, Uttarakhand.
About Dugdh Sankalan Sathi App:
- This is designed and developed by Rajasthan Electronics & Instruments Limited (REIL), a “Mini Ratna” Central Public Sector Enterprise under the Ministry of Heavy Industries.
- It aims to improve the quality of milk, foster transparency among stakeholders, and streamline operations at the grassroots village level, including Milk Cooperative Societies.
- This will inform all services to milk producers in English, Hindi, Punjabi, Telugu and other languages.
Key features and benefits of the app include:
- Increased transparency among stakeholders.
- Online monitoring of daily milk poured at Milk Cooperative Societies
- Real-time milk price updates from the cloud server, ensuring transparency and eliminating human errors
- Direct beneficiary transfers of milk payments and government subsidies to the milk producers' bank accounts through the app
- Push notifications for milk collection to the milk producers' app
Q1) What are Cooperative societies?
Cooperative societies are autonomous associations of individuals who voluntarily come together to meet their common economic, social, and cultural needs and aspirations. These societies are based on the principles of cooperation, self-help, and democratic decision-making.