Recently, Tripura Chief Minister launched an e-cabinet system at Agartala to promote digital infrastructure development and digitisation of government services and information.
About e -Cabinet system:
- E -Cabinet is a powerful software portal for State Governments to conduct Cabinet meetings electronically and online mode.
- It is developed by National Information Centre (NIC), Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY).
- Tripura has become the fourth state—and second in the Northeast—after Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and Arunachal Pradesh, to have introduced an e-cabinet system.
- It maximizes usage of technology in meetings and reduces paper use.
- It automates workflow activities of meetings; before, during and after.
- It is designed for smart tablets, with rich UI and UX elements, for ease of use.
- Push & Pull mechanism built in the portal ensures high security needed for Cabinet matters.
- Build institutional memory & knowledge repository, enabling quick search & retrieval.
- For virtual meetings eCabinet is integrated with Bharat VC solution of NIC.
- Benefits/Impact of eCabinet
- Saves huge resources of Paper, fuel, and manpower
- Online Data Update
- Information for all leading to coordinated action
- Better decision making, Quick retrieval of Decisions taken in meetings and review Action taken
- Enables Virtual participation of Ministers
Q1) What is the National Informatics Centre?
It is the premier information technology organization of the Government of India. Established in 1976, it operates under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY). The NIC's primary focus is to provide e-Government solutions and support to various government departments.