All the 23 police stations under the Visakhapatnam Police Commissionerate are likely to get e-Malkhana.
What is e-Malkhana?
- e-Malkhana is a scientific way of storing property and evidence recovered from crime scene.
- The facility was first commissioned in July 2021 at Narsipatnam Police Station (presently in Anakapalli district).
- Need: According to police officers, earlier recovered properties and evidence used to be stored in storerooms and it was difficult to find them.
- How it works?
- The property seized and evidences collected from the crime scene can be stored in standard size cardboard boxes, which will be numbered with other details. A dynamic QR code will be generated and pasted on the box.
- A dedicated website is also hosted and all details pertaining to the case and property will be uploaded. All one has to do is to scan the code to get the details.
Q1) What is the duty of police officer in India?
It shall be the duty of every police-officer promptly to obey and execute all orders and warrants lawfully issued to him by any competent authority; to collect and communicate intelligence affecting the public peace; to prevent the commission of offences and public nuisances; to detect and bring offenders to justice