A joint military exercise Dharma Guardian between India and Japan to begin at Camp Imazu in Japan.
About Exercise Dharma Guardian-2023:
- It is the 4th joint military exercise between India and Japan which is being conducted since 2018.
- The scope of this exercise covers platoon-level joint training on operations in jungle and semi-urban or urban terrain.
- Troops of the Garhwal Rifles Regiment of the Indian Army and an Infantry Regiment from the Middle Army of the Japan Ground Self Defence Force are participating in the exercise.
- This joint exercise will enable the two armies to share best practices in tactics, techniques and procedures for conducting tactical operations under a UN Mandate.
What are Other Exercises between India and Japan?
- Malabar: India and Japan with the United States and Australia participate in the naval war gaming exercise named Malabar.
- JIMEX (naval)
- SHINYUU Maitri (Air Force)
Q1) What is SHINYUU Maitri?
It is a bilateral exercise between the Indian Air Force and the Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF).