The Indian Air Force (IAF) recently announced that it will take part in Exercise INIOCHOS-23 in Greece.
About Exercise INIOCHOS-23:
- Exercise INIOCHOS is an annual multi-national air exercise hosted by the Hellenic Air Force, the air force of Greece.
- It is based on the Single Base Concept, which means the entire exercise takes place from a single air base.
- It will be conducted at the Andravida Air Base in Greece.
- Objective: To enhance international cooperation, synergy and interoperability amongst the participating air forces.
- The exercise will be conducted in a realistic combat scenario involving multiple types of air and surface assets.
- It will also enable the participating contingents to engage in professional interactions, providing valuable insight into each other’s best practices.
- The IAF will be participating with four Su-30 MKI and two C-17 aircraft.
- Apart from the hosts, the USA, France and Italy, and others like Jordan and Saudi Arabia are participating in INIOCHOS-23.
Q1) What is the exercise ‘Cope India’?
Exercise Cope India, a bilateral Air Exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the United States Air Force (USAF).Cope India began in 2004 as a fighter training exercise held at Air Station Gwalior, India. The exercise has evolved to incorporate subject matter expert exchanges, air mobility training, airdrop training and large-force exercises, in addition to fighter-training exercises.