Recently, the Indian Armed Forces contingent comprising 45 personnel reached Hanoi, Vietnam to take part in the Joint Military Exercise VINBAX-2023.
About Exercise VINBAX-2023
- It was instituted in 2018 and the first edition was conducted at Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
- It is an annual training event conducted alternatively in India and Vietnam.
- Last edition was conducted at Chandimandir Military Station in August 2022.
- This year’s exercise will be conducted at Hanoi, Vietnam.
- The Indian contingent comprises 39 personnel from an Engineer Regiment of Bengal Engineer Group and six personnel of Army Medical Corps are participating.
- Aim of the exercise is to foster collaborative partnership, promote inter- operability and share best practices between the two sides under Chapter VII of United Nations Charter on Peacekeeping Operations.
- The exercise will be conducted as a Command Post Exercise cum Field Training Exercise with focus on deployment and employment of an Engineer Company and a Medical Team.
- Both sides will conduct technical military operations in accordance with scenarios akin to worldwide deployment of United Nations’ contingent
Q1) What is the Army Medical Corps ?
The Army Medical Corps is a specialist corps in the Indian Army, which primarily provides medical services to all Army personnel, serving and veterans, along with their families. Along with the branches in the Indian Navy and Indian Air Force, it forms part of the Armed Forces Medical Services (AFMS).