The 19th edition of “EXERCISE YUDH ABHYAS” will be conducted from 25th September to 8th October 2023 in Fort Wainwright, Alaska, USA.
About Exercise Yudh Abhyas:
- It is an annual exercise conducted jointly by the Indian Army and the United States Army.
- Indian Army contingent comprising 350 personnel will participate in this edition of the Exercise.
- The lead battalion from the Indian side is affiliated to MARATHA Light Infantry Regiment.
- Both sides will practice a series of tactical drills to enhance interoperability in conducting UN peacekeeping operations.
- The theme is ‘Employment of an Integrated Battle Group in Mountain/ Extreme Climatic Conditions’ under Chapter VII of United Nations mandate.
- The scope of the Field Training Exercise includes validation of Integrated Battle Groups against hostile forces at the Brigade level, Integrated Surveillance Grid at the Brigade/ Battalion level, employment of Heliborne/ Airborne elements and Force Multipliers etc.
- The Exercise will also involve exchange of views and best practices in drills on a wide spectrum of combat skills including combat engineering, obstruction clearance, mine and Improvised Explosive Devices warfare.
Other Exercises between India and USA
- Army: Vajra Prahar
- Navy: MALABAR (Multilateral)
- Air Force: Cope India, Red Flag (Multilateral)
Q1) What is Malabar Exercise?
The Malabar Exercise is a series of naval exercises conducted by the navies of India, the United States, and Japan. These exercises are aimed at enhancing interoperability, improving maritime security, and strengthening defense cooperation among the participating countries.