Largest South Asian film market- Film Bazaar was recently inaugurated by Union Minister Anurag Singh Thakur.
About Film Bazaar:
- The initiative organised on side-lines of 53rd International Film Festival of India (IFFI), encourages creative and financial collaboration between the South Asian and International film communities.
- It was created and organized by the National Film Development Corporation (NFDC).
- It was started in 2007.
- Every edition witnesses increased national and international participation.
- It becomes the converging point for film buyers and sellers from all over the world.
- The focus is on discovering, supporting and showcasing South Asian content and talent in filmmaking, production and distribution.
- The Bazaar also facilitates the sales of world cinema in the South Asian region.
Source : PIB