What is the Joint Finance and Health Task Force (JFHTF)?
- The meeting was co-chaired by Italy and Indonesia.
- The Bali Leaders’ Declaration 2022 extended the mandate of the Task Force to continue the collaborations between Finance and Health Ministries for Pandemic Prevention, Preparedness, and Response.
- The 1st JFHTF enabled discussions on the mandates specified by the Bali Leaders’ Declaration.
- The Task Force Secretariat worked with the Indian Presidency and Co-Chairs Italy and Indonesia to draft the work plan for next year and beyond, which was designed around the Indian Presidency’s Global Health Priorities for 2023.
- The Task Force will also promote the exchange of experiences and best practices, developing coordination arrangements between Finance and Health Ministries, promoting collective action and encouraging effective stewardship of resources to address the existing financing gaps in pandemic preparedness and response.
Q1) What is G20?
The Group of Twenty (G20) is the premier forum for international economic cooperation which plays an important role in shaping and strengthening global architecture and governance on all major international economic issues. It was founded in 1999 after the Asian financial crisis as a forum for the Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors to discuss global economic and financial issues.