FIFA in partnership with All India Football Federation (AIFF) and the support of the Union government launched the Football for Schools project in the country, which is aimed at broad-basing the game across India.
- Football for Schools is an ambitious programme run by FIFA, in collaboration with UNESCO, which aims to contribute to the education, development and empowerment of around 700 million children.
- According to Union Government, “Football for Schools” movement espouses the spirit of National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 and promotes sports-integrated learning.
- Football for Schools is in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of a developing India as a sporting superpower as well as ensuring a Fit India.
- The government will take the Football for Schools programme to all 700+ districts in India.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will be the nodal agency on behalf of the ministry of education to take this initiative forward.
Source : PIB