About the G20-Chief Science Advisers Roundtable
- It is a government-to-government level initiative conceptualised through India’s G20-Presidency.
- It will be an effective platform to discuss and achieve solutions to some of the long pending as well as anticipated issues related to scientific research, technology development and deployment.
- Under this initiative, the Chief Science Advisers and their equivalents of G20 member countries, as well as the invited countries will discuss and develop collaborative frameworks for all involved countries.
- This initiative will also help in establishing an effective and coherent global science advice mechanism.
- The two high-level G20-CSAR meetings will be organised – the 1st G20-CSAR during 26-28 March 2023 at Hyderabad and the 2nd G20-CSAR during 27-29 Aug 2023 at Bengaluru.
Q1) What is G20?
The G20 or Group of Twenty is an intergovernmental forum comprising 19 countries and the European Union (EU). It works to address major issues related to economy, sustainable financing issues.