Recently, Google announced the launch of its latest, most powerful AI model, Gemini.
About Gemini AI model
- It is a new multimodal general AI model, which means it can understand, and work with different formats, including text, code, audio, image, and video, at the same time
- It is now available to users across the world through Bard, some developer platforms and even the new Google Pixel 8 Pro devices.
- It can understand, explain and generate high-quality code in the world’s most popular programming languages, like Python, Java, C++ and Go.
- It comes in three sizes — the yet-to-be-launched Ultra, Pro and Nano.
- Gemini Ultra, the largest and most capable model, will be meant for highly complex tasks.
- It is available now only to select customers, developers, partners and safety and responsibility experts for early experimentation and feedback.
- Gemini Pro will be best at scaling across a wide range of tasks and is now available in Bard for regular users across the world.
- Gemini Nano will manage on-device tasks and is already available on Pixel 8 Pro, powering new features like Summarise in the Recorder app and Smart Reply via Gboar
Q1) What is Artificial Intelligence (AI)?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a set of technologies that enable computers to perform a variety of advanced functions, including the ability to see, understand and translate spoken and written language, analyze data, make recommendations, and more.