Recently, the Chairman of the Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises distributed tool-kits and machineries to artisans under 'Gramodyog Vikas Yojna.
About Gramodyog Vikas Yojana :
- It is one of the two components of Khadi Gramodyog Vikas Yojana which aims to promote and develop the village industries through common facilities, technological modernization, training etc.
- It includes the activities carried out under different village industries.
- Components of the Yojana
- Research & Development and Product Innovation: R&D support would be given to the institutions that intend to carry product development, new innovations, design development, product diversification processes etc.
- Capacity Building: Under the Human Resource Development and Skill Training components, exclusive capacity building of staff as well as the artisans would be adequately addressed through the existing MDTCs and institutions of excellence.
- Marketing & Publicity: The V.I. institutions will be provided market support by way of preparation of product catalogue, Industry directory, market research, new marketing techniques, buyer seller meet, arranging exhibitions etc.
- Target beneficiary: Artisans, Unemployed Youth and Self Help Groups (SHGs)
- Eligibility criteria: Any person Traditional Artisans, Knowledge of Skill experience in Art and craft.
Q1) What is Khadi and Village Industries Commission?
Khadi and Village Industries Commission is a statutory organization in India that was established in 1956 by the Government of India. KVIC's primary objective is to promote and develop khadi and village industries in rural areas of India.