Recently, The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) headquarters in New Delhi has won the prestigious GRIHA Exemplary Performance Award 2022.
About Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment (GRIHA):
- UIDAI believes in and promotes the idea of recycling and reusing to reduce carbon footprint.
- It has been harnessing solar power to meet a portion of its energy consumption.
- It is recycling and reuses water and has been adhering to sustainable waste management practices.
What is GRIHA?
- It is the national rating system of India for any completed building construction.
- It was jointly set up by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy.
Objective: To help design green buildings and help evaluate the 'greenness' of the buildings.
Parameters used in Rating:
- Site selection and planning
- Conservation and efficient utilization of resources
- Building operation and maintenance
- Innovation points
Q1) When was GRIHA launched in India?
GRIHA was adopted as the National Rating System for Green Buildings in India by The Energy and Resources Institute and the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in 2007.