Recently, in the annual Group of Seven (G7) Summit the G7 Hiroshima Leaders’ Communiqué initiated the Hiroshima AI Process (HAP)
About Hiroshima AI Process (HAP):
- It is an effort by the G7 bloc to determine a way forward to regulate artificial intelligence (AI).
- It also encourages international organisations such as the OECD to consider the analysis of the impact of policy developments and the Global Partnership on AI (GPAI) to conduct practical projects.
What is Global Partnership on AI (GPAI)?
- It is a multi-stakeholder initiative which aims to bridge the gap between theory and practice on AI by supporting cutting-edge research and applied activities on AI-related priorities.
- Launched in June 2020 with 15 members, GPAI is the fruition of an idea developed within the G7.
- At present, it has 29 members and India is also a member of this initiative.
- Its secretariat is at the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
Q1) What is Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development?
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organization comprised of 38 member countries, mostly high-income economies, dedicated to promoting economic growth, prosperity, and sustainable development.