About Incredible India Campaign:
- The ITB is a prestigious platform and is among the top international travel shows, where travel professionals come together to connect and showcase destinations and tourism products.
- In view of promoting Incredible India holistically, the Ministry of Tourism has developed five thematic television commercials on different themes which are Adventure Tourism, Heritage Tourism, MICE Tourism, Art & Craft and Wellness Tourism.
- Encouraging inbound travel and particularly in the backdrop of India’s G20 Presidency as well as grand celebrations of India@75 ‘AzadikaAmritMahotsav’, the Ministry of Tourism has declared “Incredible India! Visit India Year 2023”.
Key facts about Incredible India Campaign
- Incredible India is the name of an international tourism campaign maintained by the Government of India since 2002, to promote tourism in India.
- Incredible India 2.0 Campaign: It aims to shift from generic promotions to promotional plans specific to the market and content creation with thematic creatives depending on different niche products such as spiritual, medical, and wellness tourism.
- The Incredible India 2.0 campaign focuses on promoting niche tourism products, including yoga, wellness, luxury, and cuisine wildlife.
- Incredible India 2.0 represents the post-pandemic plan for Indians in the sector.
- Nodal Ministry:Ministry of Tourism.
Scheme under Incredible India 2.0 Campaign:
- The Holistic Island Development plan focuses on the Andaman & Nicobar (A&N) and Lakshadweep Islands.
Q1) What is Heritage tourism?
Heritage tourism means traveling with the primary purpose of exploring the history and heritage of a place. It may mean simple sightseeing of renowned historical architecture, visiting local museums that document the past through artifacts, art, and literary remains, or even something as quaint as sampling authentic historical recipes in their place of origin.