Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare and Chemicals & Fertilizers will inaugurate the India Chem 2022 on 2nd November 2022.
About India Chem 2022:
- Theme: “Vision 2030: Chemicals and Petrochemicals Build India”.
- India Chem 2022 will showcase the Government’s policy for sustainable growth in the sector and provide a platform for national and international players to interact, exchange knowledge and forge alliances.
- The event will also highlight the investment opportunities especially in Petroleum, Chemical and Petrochemical Investment Regions (PCPIRs) and focus on the “Make in India” initiative for making the country Atmanirbhar in sector.
- India Chem, the flagship event of the Department, is one of the largest composite events of the industry in the Asia-Pacific region and this comprises of an International Conference and Exhibition.
- Department is organizing the 12th edition of INDIA CHEMin association with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI).
Indian Chemicals and Petrochemicals Industry:
- The Indian Chemicals and Petrochemicals industry is the backbone of the Indian economy and plays a vital role in the growth of various key sectors like automotive, construction, electronics, health care, textiles and FMCG.
- Export of Indian Chemicals has registered an overwhelming growth of 106% in 2021-22 over 2013-14.
- India’s export of chemicals for 2021-22 has hit a record at US$ 29,296 Million, whereas in 2013-14, India’s chemical export was US$ 14,210 Million.