The Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) will soon announce the results of the research award proposals it had invited to study the impact of various schemes and public policy initiatives of the Union government.
About Indian Council of Social Science Research:
- It was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country on the recommendation of Prof. V. K. R. V. Rao Committee.
- It is an autonomous organisation funded by the Ministry of Education (India).
- Functions: It provides grants for projects, fellowships, international collaboration, capacity building, survey, publications etc. to promote research in social sciences in India.
- The Council aims to:
- Review the progress of social science research and give advice to its users;
- Sponsor social science research programmes and projects and administer grants to institutions and individuals for research in social sciences.
What are Public policy initiatives?
- It refers to the actions, programs, and strategies that governments, organizations, and institutions implement to address various social, economic, and environmental challenges.
- These initiatives are designed to influence and guide the behavior of individuals, communities, and businesses while achieving specific policy goals.
Q1) What is Social science?
Social science is a field of study that focuses on understanding various aspects of human society and behavior. It employs scientific methods to investigate social phenomena, relationships, institutions, and patterns of human interaction.