Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) recently celebrated Constitution Day.
- IREDA is a Mini Ratna (Category – I) Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- It is engaged in promoting, developing and extending financial assistance for setting up projects relating to new and renewable sources of energy.
- IREDA has been notified as a “Public Financial Institution” under the Companies Act, 1956 and registered as Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) with Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- IREDA’s Motto is “Energy for Ever.”
The main objectives of IREDA are :
- To give financial support to specific projects and schemes for generating electricity and / or energy through new and renewable sources and conserving energy through energy efficiency.
- To maintain its position as a leading organisation to provide efficient and effective financing in renewable energy and energy efficiency / conservation projects.
- To increase IREDA`s share in the renewable energy sector by way of innovative financing.
- Improvement in the efficiency of services provided to customers through continual improvement of systems, processes and resources.
- To strive to be competitive institution through customer satisfaction.
Source : PIB