About InfoCrop simulation Model:
- In 2004, InfoCrop version 1 was launched by the IARI which is being updated regularly.
- It is a dynamic simulation model for the assessment of crop yields, losses due to pests, and the environmental impact of agroecosystems in tropical environments.
- It has the life cycle data for almost all the local varieties of 11 crops: paddy, wheat, maize, sorghum, pearl millet, pigeon pea, chickpea, soybean, groundnut, potato and cotton.
- It provides daily and summary outputs on various growth and yield parameters, nitrogen uptake, greenhouse gas emissions, soil water and nitrogen balance.
- InfoCrop version 2.1, India’s only dynamic crop simulation model developed and released by the IARI in 2015 to study the long-term impact of climate change and crop management practices on yield.
Q1) What is a simulation?
A simulation imitates the operation of real world processes or systems with the use of models. The model represents the key behaviours and characteristics of the selected process.