About ‘Innovations for You’ Coffee Table Book:
- 'Innovations For You' is a Coffee Table Book series with 3 editions being released previously.
- The book captures success stories of start-ups supported through Atal Incubation Centres, Atal Community Innovation Centres and Atal New India Challenges, three flagship programs under the Atal Innovation Mission.
- Each edition showcases the journey of entrepreneurs working in different sectors and is dedicated to creating new, disruptive, innovative products, services, and solutions that can pave the path for a sustainable future.
- The first edition was focused on the Healthcare sector; the second on Agriculture and the Allied sector and the third on Transport and Mobility.
- Out of the 2900 plus startups supported by AIM, more than 850 plus are led by women.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM):
- Objective: The Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) including Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation (SETU) is Government of India's endeavour to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship esp. in technology driven areas.
- Mission HQ: New Delhi.
- Background: In 2016, Union Cabinet approved the establishment of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) and Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation (SETU) in NITI Aayog.
- It has two core Functions:
- (1) Entrepreneurship promotion through Self-Employment and Talent Utilisation wherein innovators will be supported to become successful entrepreneurs and
- (2) Innovation promotion to provide a platform where innovative ideas are generated.
- Atal Tinkering Labs (ATLs):
- ATLs were established in school across India as a workspace where young minds can give shape to their ideas through hands-on do-it-yourself mode, and learn innovation skills.
- Atal Incubation Centres (AICs):
- Established across India to help start-ups expand quicker and enable innovation-entrepreneurship, in core sectors such as manufacturing, transport, energy, education, agriculture, water and sanitation, etc.
- Scale-up support to Established Incubators (EIC):
- Under it, the start-up ecosystem in the country will be transformed by upgrading the Established Incubation Centres to world-class standards.
- Atal New India Challenge:
- To promote the design and development of innovation-driven products based on cutting edge technologies.
- Mentor of Change Programme:
- To guide and mentor students at the ATLs and AICs set up all over the country with a vision to enable them to develop the skills of strategic thinking, creation and innovation.
- Atal Community Innovation Centre:
- The main aim is to cater to the underserved/unserved regions of India so as to foster a spirit of entrepreneurship as well as creativity and innovation.
- Atal Research & Innovation for Small Enterprises (ARISE):
- To promote research and innovation and increase the competitiveness of Indian startups and small enterprises including Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
Source : PIB