The first International Financial Architecture Working Group meeting of G-20 under the chairmanship of India will be held in Chandigarh on 30-31 January 2023.
About International Financial Architecture Working Group
- This G-20 finance track focuses on strengthening international financial architecture.
- It will also aim to address various challenges faced by vulnerable countries.
- Around 100 delegates from G-20 member nations, invited countries and international organizations will participate in the two-day meeting.
- Discussions during the two-day meeting will be jointly moderated by the Ministry of Finance and the Reserve Bank of India, as well as by the co-chairs of the International Financial Architecture Working Group, - France and South Korea.
- The meeting will also focus on finding ways to maximize aid to poor and vulnerable countries.
Q1) Which department prepares annual budget of India?
The Budget division of the department of economic affairs (DEA) of the finance ministry is the nodal body responsible for producing the annual budget of India.