The International Kite Festival 2023 will begin in Ahmedabad, Gujarat on January 8.
About International Kite Festival 2023:
- The festival is being organized by Gujarat Tourism on the G20 theme of 'One Earth, One Family, One Future.
- Ahmedabad first hosted the International Kite Festival on the occasion of Uttarayan in 1989.
- Apart from Ahmedabad, the International Kite festival will also be organized in Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Dwarka, Somnath, Dhordo, and Kevadia.
- After a gap of 2 years, skies over the Sabarmati River in Ahmedabad will be adorned with colorful unique Kites.
- More than 800 kite flyers from across India and the world will participate and display their unique creations in this Festival.
- This year, kite enthusiasts from different countries will fly Kites at the same time attempting to create a Guinness World Record for the maximum number of kite flyers.
- A special Parade by international and national kite flyers, a theme pavilion displaying the history of kites, and workshops on making and flying kites are among the major attractions of the festival this year.
Q1) What is the significance of Uttarayan?
Uttarayan holds immense astrological and traditional importance and it is celebrated on the day the sun transitions from the Sagittarius to Capricorn while announcing the onset of spring and the harvest season