CSIR-NIScPR recently celebrated “International Open Access Week-2022”.
About International Open Access Week-2022:
- International Open Access Week is celebrated worldwide to create awareness about the open access scholarly publishing among researchers and publishers.
- It is celebrated globally during the last full week of October.
- International Open Access Week is organized by SPARC in partnership with the Open Access Week Advisory Committee.
- It was founded in 2008 by SPARC and partners in the student community.
- This year’s theme seeks to encourage connection and collaboration among the climate movement and the international open community.
- CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Policy Research (CSIR-NIScPR) has been formed following the merger of CSIR-NISCAIR & CSIR-NISTADS
- CSIR-NIScPR is the one of largest Open Access publishers of India which publishes 15 Diamond Open Access scholarly journals.
- CSIR-NIScPR neither charges any publication fee to authors nor any subscription fee to the readers.
Source : PIB