During the launch event of " Digital India FutureLABS Summit 2024” held at IIIT- Delhi, three Indigenous Technologies - Thermal camera, CMOS camera and Fleet Management System designed and developed by CDAC Thiruvananthapuram under InTranSE Program of MeitY were transferred to 12 Industries.
About InTranSE Program:
- The Intelligent Transportation System Endeavor (InTranSE) is a revolutionary collaborative research and development programme.
- It is an initiative of the Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- Purpose: To synergize the transformation in Intelligent Transportation System the Ministry of Electronics & IT took early steps by bringing together premier academic institutes like Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Institute of Management (IIM) etc. and Premier R&D Centre like C-DAC under one umbrella.
- This initiative formulated the Collaborative Intelligent Transportation Systems Endeavor for Indian Cities (InTranSE) during the year 2009-2012 (Phase-I) that witnessed IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IIM Calcutta and C-DAC Thiruvananthapuram collaboratively developing, implementing, demonstrating and knowledge transfer of ITS products and solutions.
- The InTranSE Phase-II program (2019-2021) is aiming at undertaking R&D projects collaboratively with IIT Bombay, IIT Madras, IISc Bangalore and C-DAC Thiruvananthapuram
- Significance: It will achieve traffic efficiency by minimizing traffic problems, prompting efficient infrastructure usage, enriching users with prior information about traffic and reducing travel time as well as enhancing safety and comfort of commuters.
Q1:What is Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC):
It is the apex research and development wing of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.It was established in the year 1988. Its main purpose was to carry out research and development in Electronics, IT and other associated areas.