Recently, the union Minister of Textile, Commerce & Industry, Consumer Affairs and Food & Public Distribution launched the website of Kasturi Cotton Bharat.
About Kasturi Cotton Bharat
- It is a joint initiative by the Ministry of Textiles, the Cotton Corporation of India, Trade Bodies & Industry.
- Objective: To work on the principle of self-regulation by owning complete responsibility of Branding, Traceability and Certification of Indian Cotton to enhance its’ competitiveness in the global market and create a sustainable ecosystem for all stakeholders involved.
- The website provides a digital platform for necessary information and updates on this initiatives and highlights the registration process for ginners to produce Kasturi Cotton Bharat Brand.
- All the ginners in the country have been empowered to produce Kasturi Cotton Bharat brand as per stipulated protocol.
- Besides this, to provide complete traceability of Kasturi Cotton Bharat across the supply chain, QR based certification technology will be used at each stage of the processing and a blockchain based software platform will provide end to end traceability and transaction certificate.
- The Cotton Textiles Export Promotion Council (TEXPROCIL) the apex body has been designated as the implementing agency for Traceability, Certification and Branding of "KASTURI Cotton India".
Q1) What is Cotton Corporation of India?
It is a government-owned organization in India that operates under the administrative control of the Ministry of Textiles. Its primary mandate is to support cotton farmers and promote the cotton industry by undertaking various activities related to cotton, including procurement, marketing, and distribution.